About Company

Sribna Polyana “Sribna Polyana” is not just a brand of silver plated cutlery.

Sribna Polyana is a brand that has gone through all stages of climbing the global Olympus, starting with just an idea. A long and arduous path to excellence lasting almost a century and a half was passed, and as a result – today the Sribna Polyana trademark has received a worldwide reputation and respect, and it is also in high demand both in Ukraine and in Europe and America.

To better understand what the path of formation has been, you need to plunge into history.

The first step in this story was an idea.

Fast forward to France in the second half of the nineteenth century.

Josef Fraze, a French jeweler, along with his brother Alphonse, decided to open a company for the production of silver-plated products.

Their main idea was to introduce the latest technologies of those times, namely, coated with a thin layer (approximately 20 microns) of precious metal on copper products. It is quite difficult to distinguish with a naked eye a silver spoon from a silver-plated one. And the main advantages of the Frejeh devices were price and product design.

The price for the “silver-plated” products of J. Fraze was much lower, and in conjunction with the magnificent design developed by the best craftsmen of that time, which was radically different from the bored devices of competitors and caused a stir in the cutlery market.

The combination of factors related to the economic situation and the revolutionary method of manufacturing devices doomed J.Fraze to success.

And in a short period of time his company turned into one of the most modern and well-equipped enterprises for the production of silver-plated products in Eastern Europe.

At the end of the 19th century, it was considered a sign of good taste in the noble circles of Europe to set up a table “cupronickel ware and silver overlay” created by the manufacturer J. Fraze.

The second stage of our history was action – the foundation of the plant.
The Volniansky machine-building plant was founded at the end of the 19th century several years before the construction of the Southern Railway. The early appearance of the railway and the availability of free workers served as a prerequisite for the construction of industrial enterprises in the steppes in southern Ukraine.

The history of the plant dates back to 1870, when the German colonist G.L. Klassen built a mechanical pig-iron foundry mechanical factory for the production of agricultural machines, where headers, horse-drawn threshers, and water-carrying cars began to be produced. At that time, the company employed 165 people who produced products for 220 thousand rubles.

Heinrich Neufeld

A new stage in the development of the enterprise marks 1891, when the plant becomes the property of Classen’s son-in-law, Heinrich Neufeld. This was a new milestone in the history of both the enterprise and Sofiyivka itself (now the city of Volnyansk). It was at this time when Heinrich Neufeld was madly in love with Klassen’s daughter, Sofia, and the birth of real cutlery masterpieces took place. The best craftsmen of that time were involved in the manufacture of exclusive silver cutlery with an original design. And a miracle happened – a great feeling of love, the desire to win the beloved woman’s heart even more and the work of the best masters made it possible to create a real gift not only to a loved one, but also to many generations who still prefer our products. At this time, at the Klassen-Neufeld factory new workshops are being created, and the plant’s products are in demand not only in the domestic market of the Russian Empire, but also in the external world.

The Klassena-Neufeld plant has repeatedly won awards at international competitions and exhibitions:

In 1908 – the Grand Prix, four gold and four silver medals of the All-Russian exhibitions,
in 1911 – “Grand Prix” and a large gold medal at an exhibition in Rome,
in 1912 – “Grand Prix” and a large gold medal at an exhibition in Buenos Airos,
as well as gold medals at many Russian exhibitions.

The growth in plant production has contributed significantly to
economic development of Sofiyivka itself. Due to the industrial upsurge in the early twentieth century. the number of residents of Sofiyivka has noticeably increased, some of which worked at the Klassena-Neufeld plant, which was already a fairly large enterprise with a profit of 300-315 thousand rubles. Then kindergartens, schools, churches and houses for workers are built.
On April 1, 1920, the Klassen-Neufeld plant was nationalized and received the name – “State Metallist Plant No. 10”. “But only in 1924 he began to produce products: straw choppers, corn grinders, fodder steamers. This year, the name of T. G. Shevchenko is given in honor of the 110th anniversary of the Great Kobzar plant. Also, factory workers took an active participation in the construction of the Dnieper. From 1920 to the start of the war, the enterprise was headed by Tabachnikov, Ognenny, Vakulev, Zhuzh, Belousov. The enterprise gradually gained strength, expanded production. A significant amount of products was exported to the world market.

In the early days of World War II, many factory workers went to the front. On August 19, 1941, the plant was evacuated to Sverdlovsk (now Yekaterinburg) and began to work on the needs of the front. Together with the equipment, the director of the plant I.P. Naydenov, specialists, workers of the plant left, continued to work in difficult conditions.

After two years of occupation, September 21, 1943 Volnyansk was liberated from the Nazi invaders. The design organization of the People’s Commissariat of the local industry of Ukraine urgently developed a project for the reconstruction of the plant, providing for the restoration of destroyed buildings, installation of equipment. Since September 1944, the plant resumed work in Volnyansk.

Nikolai Ivanovich Sirota

In 1946, the plant management was instructed to organize the production of cutlery and crockery. In the following years, the plant improved its technology, expanded its production, and carried out large-scale construction of new workshops and housing. It was at this time that the experienced practitioner Nikolai Ivanovich Sirota was appointed director. Under his leadership, the plant turned into a large enterprise for the production of military products, as well as cutlery and crockery. It was the time of the greatest boom in the factory.

In December 1946, a group of one hundred employees of the German company August-Welner arrived, headed by the chief mechanic, chief power engineer, the head of the laboratory, and the galvanic production engineer. The tasks of the group included the implementation of installation supervision of equipment and training of workers in new professions. As part of the restoration of the plant, the production of cutlery was resumed in the post-war period.


In the post-war years, our plant produced over 10 million units of products that were sold both on the territory of the Soviet Union and far beyond its borders. This indicates not only the great trust placed in our cutlery, but also their high quality. Indeed, many cutlery, acquired in those years, serve people to this day.

In the 80s, mastered the manufacture of cluster munitions, new types of consumer goods.

However, in 1989, a recession began. It coincided with the period of perestroika, conversion, and restructuring of the defense industry.

The years of restructuring were marked by complete inactivity. Since the mid-90s, the plant has fallen into decay…

 

Paronova Lyubov Antonovna

“A breath of fresh air” for the plant was the decision on the joint work of
JSC “Plant named after T. G. Shevchenko” and the scientific and industrial enterprise “ROST”, in August 2003.

Lyubov Antonovna Paronova, a strong, competent, and energetic organizer, led this powerful production structure, thanks to whose decisions the property integrity of production was preserved, which prevented the final destruction of the enterprise. Competent, gradual steps taken by L.A. Paronova, contributed to the increase in production volumes at the enterprise.

The structural changes made it possible to attract significant investments and create a new enterprise, Volniansky Machine-Building Plant, which, together with RIST LLC, became part of the RIST-Holding Association.

Scientific-Production Enterprise RIST LLC was founded in 1996.

The main activity of the enterprise is the creation of high-tech products for the overhaul of rolling stock of Ukrzaliznytsya JSC. The company is constantly developing new types and improving products that are manufactured in series.

The company has mastered high-tech production.
The result of continuous improvement of production was the introduction of certification of enterprise quality management system, according to ISO 9001.

One of the main areas of activity of the Volnyansk Machine-Building Plant is the production of silver, nickel silver and tableware cutlery under the brand name Sribna Polyana.


Beautiful and sophisticated cutlery “Sribna Polyana” made of cupronickel, and coated with silver 999.9 samples, durable and corrosion-resistant material with disinfectant properties. Such galvanization ensures the service life of kitchen accessories up to half a century.

The polished surface is bright, shiny. The patterns that were manually brought by high-class master engravers reflect the spirit of the past and remain an adornment of any, even the most sophisticated table setting.

Ergonomic handles fit well in the hand.

Elegant rich design perfectly complements any service.

They will look great both at the festive table and during a family dinner, and will also help to create a festive atmosphere on your table, thereby bringing romance and solemnity to it.

To this day, our factory continues the tradition of J. Fraze, embodying the master’s exquisite style in cutlery made of silver-plated nickel silver.